Medicare Supplement Insurance
With so many different Medicare options your original medicare plan only will cover a majority of your medical expenses but, what they don’t tell you. It doesn’t cover everything. Medicare Supplement plans can help pay for other costs that are not covered. Call our licensed agents here at American Select Health that are standing by to help you at 866-205-8898.
Medicare Advantage Insurance
Medicare Advantage plans provide you with an alternative plan to your original Medicare plan and are offered by private insurance companies that are approved by Medicare. Medicare Advantage, you may qualify for a $0 premium plan with a $0 deductible and be entitled to hearing, vision, dental, and prescription drug coverage. Call our licensed agents here at American Select Health that are standing by to help you at 866-205-8898.
Are you eligible for Medicare?
Discover what Medicare is, how it works, and what benefits are available to you.
Get approved and enroll in the plan best suited to your healthcare needs.
See what customers are saying about their experience with American Select Partners.
Navigating Medicare can be confusing, we’re here to help.
What is Medicare Supplement Insurance?
Medicare Supplement Insurance is a private health insurance policy designed to help pay some or all of the costs that are not covered by Medicare Parts A and B.
Does Medicare Supplement coverage include prescription drug benefits?
No, Medicare Supplement is designed to fill in the “gaps” with Medicare Plans such as Part A (which covers hospital and skilled nursing facility care) and Part B (which covers doctor bills and other medical expenses).
Do I need a Medicare Supplement Policy?
Not everyone needs a Medicare supplement policy. If you have certain other types of health coverage, the gaps in your Medicare coverage may already be covered. You probably don’t need Medicare supplement insurance if
- You belong to a Medicare Advantage plan
- Medicaid or the Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB) Program pays your Medicare premiums and other out-of-pocket costs.
- You are covered under an employer group health plan
Are Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement the same thing?
No. Medicare Advantage plans are not the same as Medicare Supplements. And here are a few key differences between the plans:
- Medicare Supplement Medicare Supplements work together with your Original Medicare, filling the “gaps” (deductibles and co-payments) in your Medicare Part A (in-patient or hospital insurance) and Medicare Part B (out-patient or physician insurance) coverage. In short, Medicare Supplements provide coverage in addition to your Original Medicare Part A and Part B coverage.
- Medicare Advantage Medicare Advantage plans administer your Original Medicare Part A and Part B coverage. Medicare Advantage plans must offer coverage at least as good as your Original Medicare and often add additional benefits like (limited) vision, dental, hearing and/or wellness programs (such as Silver Sneakers).
What are some of the Supplemental Benefits provided by Medicare Advantage plans?
Medicare Advantage plans provide coverage for Medicare Part A (in-patient, hospitalization), Medicare Part B (out-patient, doctor visits), and maybe Medicare Part D (prescription drug coverage from an MAPD). Medicare Advantage plan may also include supplemental benefits that are not normally offered by Original Medicare such as gym memberships, vision care, hearing care, and routine dental coverage.
Now, health related and non-health related supplemental benefits offered by some Medicare Advantage plans may include:
- fitness center or gym memberships
- routine vision care (exams, eye glasses)
- routing hearing care (exams hearing aids)
- dental services (cleanings, extractions, dentures)
- chiropractic service
- telemedicine (expanded with the outbreak of COVID-19)
- OTC or allowance for over-the-counter items
- transportation for medical and non-medical related reasons
- pest control
- home cleaning services
- home meal delivery
- adult day health services
- caregiver support services
- in-home support services
- therapeutic massage
- home-based palliative care